The department gives an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization’s operations. The internal audit activity helps the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Consistent with its mission, the Internal Audit Department provides management with information, appraisals, recommendations, and counsel regarding the activities examined and other significant issues. The department executes an approved audit plan and perform the following tasks in accordance with its overall strategy:
• Verify the existence of assets and recommend proper safeguards for their protection;
• Evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls;
• Recommend improvements in controls;
• Assess compliance with policies and procedures and sound business practices;
• Assess compliance with state and federal laws and contractual obligations.
• Review operations/programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and
whether the operations/programs are being carried out as planned;
This department is headed by the Head of Risk and Audit.